The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The Administration and Logistics Manager is responsible for the efficient management of transport/logistics, administration, property and travel related services.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and organizes activities for the Admin, Fleet, Warehousing and Logistics department to provide timely and effective support to CO program to ensuring objectives are met.
- Supervises, guides and mentor’s admin, fleet, warehousing and logistics staff in Harare and field locations, ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Contributes to cost controls through systematic review of expenditures, identify cost-saving measures and implements appropriately to improve stewardship of CO resources.
- Manages the inventory, property and equipment of the Country Office.
- Mitigates risks by ensuring safety and security for both rented and owned assets.
- Leads annual physical inventory and reconciliation of Property Register with Financial records as required by CARE policy and procedures.
- Negotiates with prospective property owners, suitable terms and conditions for all lease agreements and ensure all leases are vetted by the CO legal counsel before signing by the CD.
- Keeps track of all CO leases and ensures obligations are met on time to minimize the risk on the CO operations.
- Leads the analysis of Country office’s travel related needs and coordinates with procurement to identify high quality service providers and manages subsequent service level agreements (SLAs).
- Coordinates and ensures the implementation of administrative policies and activities
- Ensures effective systems are in place for vehicle scheduling, management, maintenance and reporting in a timely manner.
- Monitors and insure7s staff adherence to the set safety and security measures
- Establishes and maintains an effective relationship with customers for improved service delivery.
- Provides proactive, rigorous, and logical methods to solve Admin and Logistics support related challenges faced by units across the Country Office.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, or related areas or equivalent in years of professional experience in progressively senior roles. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years professional experience in the management of administrative procedures, at least 2 at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Admin and Logistics management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations best practices
- Excellent planning, negotiation, and communication skills – ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing demands of the job
- Customer oriented – internal and external
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should apply on the link below by the 12th of August 2021
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Applications can only be accepted from people with an existing right to work in Zimbabwe.