CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
The National University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitably qualified and
experienced persons for the post of Chief Internal Auditor that has arisen at the University.
The Chief Internal Auditor is responsible for the formulation of the University’s Internal Audit
Strategy; including programmes and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of the
University’s internal control environment, and to effectively manage the day to day Audit activities of
the University, ensuring that all audit work is performed independently with due diligence and
timeliness. The role requires demonstrable experience in auditing complex information technology
driven environments for compliance with applicable regulations, internal control regimes,
development frameworks and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and administers an annual audit plan for the University;
- Plans and oversees audits operational efficiencies and compliance with all policies,
procedures and regulations;
- Maintains a comprehensive system for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings,
reports, and follow up audits;
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of the audit plan;
- Prepares and completes detailed audit work;
- Conducts special audits as required by Management and Council and issues results;
- Recommends review of policies and procedures in order to improve operations as well as
internal controls; and
- Responds to ad hoc requests to address control issues and provides consultative services to
the University as delegated by Council and the Vice Chancellor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing, Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- A Masters’ Degree in any of the above areas is a requirement, plus five (5) years’ post
qualification experience in a similar setting.
- A professional qualification such as CIA will be a distinct advantage.
- Competence in University Information and Communication Systems (ICT) is essential.
Skills and Attributes
This is a senior position that requires a mature, hardworking, and reliable professional with all round
experience and sound knowledge and understanding of corporate governance and the audit and risk
environment. Ability to operate at a strategic level, excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
ability to investigate and understand emerging trends particularly in the Higher Education sector andto explore, evaluate and advise the University timeously are essential. Further, the successful
applicant must be able to coordinate and assist external and regulatory Auditors; in addition to the
ability to work independently and balance multiple work priorities.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
An attractive package which includes Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits is offered; details of
which will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae (giving full personal particulars of applicant including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone numbers and the names, addresses (including email) and telephone numbers of three contactable referees) and copies of certificates must be addressed to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Department
National University of Science and Technology
P O Box AC 939
And emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.
The National University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity