The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The Audit and Compliance Manager is essentially responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.The Audit and Compliance Manager ensures that compliance matters are appropriately considered throughout the organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts focused compliance audits on topics of concern and undertakes the comprehensive compliance activity of the Country Office.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops or implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides guidance and advice on how to prevent or address similar situations in the future.
- Prepares and shares with the CO’s Senior Management Team the quarterly reports on the CO significant risks, compliance and management issues and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
- Proposes changes in the policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal or improper conduct.
- Follows up or/and assists in implementation of the Internal and External auditors’ recommendations.
- Develops trainings and education programs for internal policies, donor requirements and applicable government laws and regulations, changes and topics identified as potential risk areas.
- Conducts quarterly procurement spot checks and shares the report with CO Management and RMU.
- Prepares risk based semi-annual internal audit plan and budget, discusses, and get approval of the Senior Leadership team.
- Undertakes the comprehensive audit activity of the Country Office and its funded programs, and systematically documents the audit evidence.
- Provides appropriate recommendations to ensure the country office compliance with legally and ethically bounded internal and external regulations.
- Keeps abreast with changes of audit regulations (e.g. the current consolidation of circulars) of donors and advices the management accordingly.
- Supports the CO finance team on donor audits, provides clarifications, reviews quality of information submitted to auditors.
- Ensures CARE International Policy on Fraud and Corruption – Awareness, Prevention, Reporting and Response is understood and complied with.
- Conducts Investigation as per the Fraud Investigation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follows up on the investigations, implementation of investigators recommendations and Semi – Annual Review.
Qualifications And Experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in Accounting/finance, accounting, or related area from a recognized institution.
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualification plus membership to National Board of Accounting and Auditing Member/ACCA/CPA
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Audit, Compliance and Finance
- Proven ability to achieve and maintain a compliant organizational culture by partnering to provide practical standards of compliance that can be implemented and adhered to.
- Able to build consensus and respectfully drive decision making and gain agreement regardless of issue popularity.
- Able to look at issues from various perspectives and provide thorough and quick guidance
- Knowledgeable and connected in financial management system, knowledge of People Soft will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders including policymakers and government officials, NGOs.
- Operational experience including planning, development, and implementation of operational activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst remaining impartial and objective.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development with range of international donors (i.e USAID, EU, DFID,CIDA,UN);
- Proficient in Computer with knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet usage.
- Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and good knowledge and practical use of English.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should apply on the link below by the 12th of August 2021
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
Applications can only be accepted from people with an existing right to work in Zimbabwe