MSME Marketing Support Officer x 1 post:
Small & Medium Enterprise Corporation of Zimbabwe (SMECoZ)
Deadline: 22 August 2021
Reports To: National Programmes Manager,. Location: Harare Head Office
SMECoZ recognised the central role played by Micro Small & Medium enterprises (MSMEs) as the driving force for economic growth for Zimbabwe. SMECoZ seeks to strengthen and support the development of the MSMEs as a potential growth sector by providing them access to diverse Business Development Services, facilitating access to finance and their participation in local and international markets. The organisation works with MSMEs and other stakeholders to lobby government and other duty bearers for an inclusive and favourable, supportive operational and regulatory environment for MSMEs as well as educating the MSMEs to adopt best business practices and promoting descent work in the MSME sector.
This effort will lead to the growth and resilience of MSMEs; enhance formalisation of the informal sector which will lead to increase in employment creation and contribution to the development of the Zimbabwean economy.
- Job Purpose
- Be responsible for market support activities including value chain development for domestic and export markets
- Facilitate advocacy activities for recognition and creation of a better operational environment MSMEs targeting domestic and export markets, government and other duty bearers
- Facilitate provision of relevant domestic and marketing skills and advice to MSMEs by collaborating with a network of business development services providers
- Facilitating access to appropriate and affordable marketing infrastructure to different categories of MSMEs.
- Promote adoption of ICT and e-commerce by MSMEs
- Facilitating business and market linkages along value chains for MSMEs and large businesses locally and externally
- Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate in the area of business /Enterprise development or marketing
- At least three (3) years of experience in private sector/MSME market systems development
- Background in market research providing business advice.
- Practical skills in use of computer and ability to process information in MS Word, Excel, Power point and other software
- Possession of excellent management skills in planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management, conflict management and a proven ability to manage staff and to contribute to their skills and capacity development
- Ability to engage government and other duty bearers in advocacy activities
- Good oral and written communication skills and able to communicate with government officials. MSMEs and enterprise associations and other stakeholders
- Experience in carrying out surveys, market research and providing business advice.
- Fluency in English, Shona or Ndebele and or other local languages.
- Have good capacity to mobilize, organize and facilitate capacitation of capacitate individual MSMEs, MSME clusters and local area MSME associations
- Ability to produce reports with analytical data
- Knowledge of government and local authority business regulations and policies.
- Experience of organising and facilitating training workshops and MSME consultation meetings
- Professional appearance;
- Teamwork and good interpersonal skills: the candidate should be able to establish positive relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender-balance;
- Practice “DO No Harm” approach in all interactions with Government Ministries and Departments, stakeholders and MSMEs
- Ability to determine and to review priorities and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure;
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Willingness to travel to rural areas
- Duties & Responsibilities
- The MSME Marketing Support Officer will be tasked with the implementation marketing support activities in line with the “Job Purpose” outline above. The officer will be the representative of the organisation and will abide to the organizational guidelines in observing protocol, upholding its values and preserving the professional image of SMECoZ.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant Government Ministries, Departments and stakeholders in MSME development activities
- Facilitate provision of marketing support that will widen MSME markets locally and on the export market and maintain good value of SME products.
- Writing progress reports, activity reports, and other on demand reports for management.
- Delegating duties and supervising junior staff
- Monitoring project activities and updating MSME database and register of Business Development Service Providers
- Carry out surveys and market research activities
- Monitoring of Business Development Service Providers that are outsourced by the organisation
- Mobilise individual MSMEs, MSME clusters and associations to participate in planned activities.
- Capacitating MSME clusters and associations
- Building MSME capacity to help themselves in times of need through advocacy, networking, building skilled human resources, saving schemes, sourcing business capital, promoting market linkages in local area economies.
To apply: Please send (i) Your curriculum vitae, (ii) a Cover letter (Ref: MSME Marketing Support Officer) stating why you should be considered for this job and your preferred province (iii) Contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. SMECoZ will contact shortlisted applicants for interviews. SMECoZ is an equal opportunity employer and encourages both men and women to apply.