Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) has been involved in Humanitarian mine action since 1992 and is one of the leading humanitarian demining organizations worldwide. NPA works closely with national authorities and other stakeholders on resolving the challenges in the local communities caused by landmines and other explosives remnants of war.
NPA has been working in Zimbabwe since 2013 with its administration office based in Mutare. NPA is looking for a dynamic person to join the organization for the position of Senior Finance Officer based in Mutare.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee all accounting financial matters, including maintenance of general ledger, balance sheets, payments and payroll requirements.
- Ensure NPA policies are adhered to.
- Ensures the program adheres to statutory requirements related to all tax issues.
- Ensures that Finance Officer is updating the finance system on daily basis.
- Monitoring budgets versus expenditure reports for multiple grants.
- Oversee the production of monthly management information pack (BVA, forecast, balance sheet, accounts reconciliation.)
- Management of cashflow requirements of the program.
- Assist program in budget preparation.
- Facilitates all the external audits of the program.
- Training of finance and non-finance staff.
- Ensures that there is transparent cost allocation system in place.
- Supervised day to day functions of the Finance Officer.
Qualifications And Experience
: Those interested should meet the following qualifications, at least 5 years’ experience working with International NGO and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or professional accounting qualifications.
How To Apply
To apply, please write a full CV with traceable references and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th September 2021